Sunday, July 3, 2011

Finally Moved!

The past few weeks have been dominated by packing, cleaning, and getting rid of junk. My wife and I will be buying a home this year but, before we do, we decided to try living outside of the city. We are both from smaller communities (or as we say in Newfoundland, from "around the bay"), but its been years since either of us has lived outside of St. John's.


We are finally in the new house. Here's the view from our back patio. I have to say, it's quite lovely. Even though I'm only a 10-minute drive from the city, the pace here is totally different. It's good for the kids as well - there's lots of room for my 10-year old to roam free, unlike the suburb we came from.

Anyway, I just started unpacking the geek stuff last night. I'll be setting up a painting and modelling corner in the basement rec room. Also, with the Canada Post strike over, I just received my Avar light horse from Khurasan on Friday. Expect to see progress in the coming week.

Thanks for reading,
JET

4 comments:

fireymonkeyboy said...

S'gorgeous :). Where'd you settle in?

JET (aka Jason) said...

Torbay, just off of Marine Drive.

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Great view and glad to see your up blogging again.
Good you got your Khurasan order and I hope it's enough for a whole army as they just went off line for stated personal reasons and are not expected to be up and running before September.

Christopher

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous. I was born and raised in St. John's, but have lived in Edmonton and Vancouver for the past 30 years. I miss 'ome and would love to live near the ocean again. What a great view! If I ever go back for a holiday, we will have to hook up for a game or two.