Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Saloon

This has certainly been my most ambitious building attempt yet. It was initially going to be a hotel, but as I designed the front, the plan started to take a different direction. I settled on a saloon in the end, and I was quite pleased with the final result.


A Foundry model for scale. What's a saloon without swinging doors!


The covered porch was also a new endeavor for me. It was actually quite simple. The best part - I'm now at a point where I don't need plans anymore. I can just use the force!


The back view. Again, for those who plan on making their own buildings, it's the details (doors/windows/porches) and not the actual size of the building that takes extra time to do.


A simple stove pipe made from a plastic pen and some green stuff. Since we will be playing to the north a little, I've been pondering the chimney issue for some time. I'll have to go back and stick a few on some of the earlier buildings.


Here's the collection so far (L to R): (1) Blacksmith or Workshop, (2) Residence of the Mayor or local Justice of the Peace, (3) Saloon, (4) Bank, (5) Livery Stable, (6) Merchant Building.


Next up: The a Hotel and the Sheriff's Office/Jail.

Thanks for reading,
JET

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you didn't miss your true calling - town planner or engineer? :)

JET (aka Jason) said...

If I could make an engineer's salary making cardboard towns I would be a happy man :)

cianty said...

Looking really good. I can't wait to see it painted. *thumbs up*